Early Christmas gift

Sjhill

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Stu
OysgS8tm.jpg

I picked up my brother from the airport yesterday he's spent the last 2+ years teaching in Japan. He knew I'd be prepping Christmas dinner so he went ahead and gave me this beaut when we got home. Ive never bought expensive knives I usually use nothing but victorinox, but I do have to admit the weight of this thing is incredible.

OysgS8tm.jpg

I picked up my brother from the airport yesterday he's spent the last 2+ years teaching in Japan. He knew I'd be prepping Christmas dinner so he went ahead and gave me this beaut when we got home. Ive never bought expensive knives I usually use nothing but victorinox, but I do have to admit the weight of this thing is incredible.

Carry on? haha

#1 Good chit aint cheap and cheap chit ain’t good…

#2 post a bigger pic fer us!

Kh5GgQXl.jpg
jsbXipwl.jpg
338JUy6l.jpg

It's a 6.5 inch utility knife. It's also called a sandwich knife because it's able to cut all the stuff you need for a great sandwich. My brother knew this was perfect for me because I consider myself a sandwich making expert haha. It's already been used twice

Very nice. Looks like layered Damascus steel. I have a set that was supposed to be real Damascus but I'm not sure if they are or not.

After 3 or 4 years of use, the individual layers of steel are no longer visible on the side of my most used 6" utility knife.

Maybe that's what happens to real Damascus? I'm not sure.

Very nice. Looks like layered Damascus steel. I have a set that was supposed to be real Damascus but I'm not sure if they are or not.

After 3 or 4 years of use, the individual layers of steel are no longer visible on the side of my most used 6" utility knife.

Maybe that's what happens to real Damascus? I'm not sure.

Yep, it’s Damascus. He got it from a department store in Tokyo so thankfully I’m not to worried about it being a fake. Those are a big problem in Japan apparently.

I love knives. I love swapping gifts with my lil brother.

Thank you for bringing us into your story.
Two treasures. The gift and gifter.

I love authentic Japanese knives. Incredible craftsmanship. I’d love to go to Seki City where they’ve been making sharp and shiny stuff since the 13th century.

Back