THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BigThicket

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Brad
I just attended Dylan’s class in Austin yesterday. It was a great time. Dylan was super informative, accommodating, and friendly. He covered every step of the process and it lasted about 12 hours. He was able to teach this old dog a few new tricks, for sure. Worth every penny, IMO.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

2nd positive review from a brethren. :thumb:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is that smoker built by John Lewis's Pit Builders?

His look exactly the same. Firebox, smoke stack and all.

Wow. Did he cut a packer in half or is it just a small brisket? I was able to glean some info from a brethren about his cooking method and am a firm believer in water pans.

Wow. Did he cut a packer in half or is it just a small brisket? I was able to glean some info from a brethren about his cooking method and am a firm believer in water pans.

He just separated the point and flat while trimming. It’s all there, just maybe not visible in the pic. We cooked full packers somewhere between 12-15 lbs each.

Sure cool kid and I thought it was worth it. Just wish I got $1 for each time he says "yeah man". LOL

I was in shock at that smoker. It drafts like crazy, cooks even and great color. Not sure how long he will be doing classes since he seems to have his eye on opening a restaurant in Dallas. I think I'd like to try to get a sausage class from him. I should have done it while I was there.

I just attended Dylan’s class in Austin yesterday. It was a great time. Dylan was super informative, accommodating, and friendly. He covered every step of the process and it lasted about 12 hours. He was able to teach this old dog a few new tricks, for sure. Worth every penny, IMO.

You and your skinny brisket got posted on Dylan's Instagram. You're famous.

You should post again when you try his methods at home without the hand holding.

Honestly, it wasn't that different from what I was already doing. I didn't use water very often before, and I wasn't cranking it up as much toward the end, but other than that it was pretty similar. For me the class was more about fine tuning (and seeing a different perspective) than trying to revamp the way that I cook.

Back