THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dried one out once, when I wasn't paying attention, and actually ended up (a) separating the point and the flat pre-cook, and (b) trimming all of the fat cap off. Now I leave most of the fat cap on, and its a little better. Although, I got dinged for tenderness at a comp this weekend, so I need to look into that a little more.

This is also another valid point that I really believe in, "never slice more than you need" I shake my head every time I see a pic of a brisket all sliced up.

Tastes much better for lunch today with a little bbq sauce and mayo. I'm glad I sliced it all last night. Sorry for making your head shake.

Great thread! and great looking Brisket!

I was glad to see the comments and pic (bludawg) about it being a bit dry/under-cooked. I thought the Brisket I did this weekend could of used another half hour on the smoker as it wasn't quite as tender as I was hoping for and this thread helped confirm that!

Back