THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shenco

Got rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Craig
It's been many years friends. I've tried to check in multiple times but my password and email reset didn't work, so no more Shencomoke, just Shenco. Starting fresh with a new account/name.

I have been very busy over the last few years. Got some really good stories and some epic cooks under my belt. This is a cook from this past weekend. We cooked five 160 pd hogs with live coals in a 25’ long open pit for a local community festival/chamber of commerce event. We ran through about 2 cord of white oak and hickory. The meat was given out as tastings to the public (about 3,000 people showed up), along with 500 halves of chicken. Boshizzle was there with a big ole grin on his face. Its been a long time since this type of cook was attempted in Virginia, although he has documentation of it happening in the 1700 and 1800’s. Cheers!

Shenco (Formally "Shencosmoke")

500 gallon offset (Hoss)
Stumps XL Stretch (Casey Jones)
Custom Chicken Cooker (The Chicken Truck)
Custom 4,000 lb Vertical by BQ Grills (The Big Bad Wolf)

Attachments

• start up.jpg
    start up.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 435
  • wood.jpg
    wood.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 432
  • night 2.jpg
    night 2.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 431
  • night 1.jpg
    night 1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 431
  • pulling.jpg
    pulling.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 434
  • chicken truck.jpg
    chicken truck.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 429
Wow, quite an undertaking! Pit Bar-B-Que is a dying art.

openpit2.jpg

Very impressive! I get upset when brisket takes more than 6 hours...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Now that's a pit. :thumb:
That's the kind I started out on here in Oklahoma. Old timers used backhoes or what ever they had handy to dig trench pits, place rebar across to hold the meats and pots of beans, etc..
Good eatin'. :cool:

Back