THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chezmatt

Full Fledged Farker
I whipped this up last night, and tried it tonight. It tastes pretty good, with sweetness up front, and heat in the back. But it's a work in progress, so I'm happy to get any suggestions from the Brethren.

Ingredients:
1/4 medium yellow onion (diced)
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 cups Dr. Pepper
5 chipotle chiles
2 tbsp adobo sauce (from the chipotle can)

Method:
Sweat the diced onions in oil on low heat until translucent.
Add all other ingredients to the pot, and bring to a boil.
Reduce to a simmer, and let go for 30 minutes or so.
Pour the sauce into a blender/food processor, and blend until smooth.
Put the blended sauce back on the heat to simmer for another 30-60 minutes.
Refrigerate over night.

Let me know what you think, and Happy Friday!

I think I am going to make this up for my first go at a chuckie. I won't be basting it on the meat but will allow others to sauce if they like and this recipe looks farkin awesome!!

Sounds delicious from here :) I think chipotle peppers are about like bacon... they just make everything a little better :)

afymtd

Attachments

Last edited:
Ugh. One of my co workers bought it and asked me to try it when I fire up some chicken. I tasted it before I potentially ruin food, and... Well just ugh.

But however I do want to try this recipe for sure!

Looks good I'll whip up a batch. I've sprayed my pork butts with Dr. pepper and injected before smoking and they turned out good. This sounds like a good finish.

Back