THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

oldschoolsdime92

Knows what a fatty is.
I decided I wanted to smoke a ham. I know most hams come precooked, so I decided to google to see if it was common practice to stick one in the smoker. To my delight, it can be done! So I picked up a nice small 2 lb cumberland gap ham( just my fiance and myself). I decided I wanted to put a rub on it and attempt to get a bark on my ham. So I used the following things.

Pure Maple syrup
Cayenne pepper
Honey Dijon mustard
brown sugar
garlic powder
smoke house maple seasoning.

I scored the ham very lightly and rubbed it down with maple syrup, and then mixed the mustard,cayenne, brown sugar,garlic powder, and smokehouse maple into a paste, and rubbed it into the ham.

my game plan with this is to mix up some water and apple cider vinegar and use apple wood, at about 225 degrees. Any suggestions?

IMAG1439.jpg

heres some pRon !

just getting started.
IMAG1455.jpg

we are about an hour and 45 minutes into the smoke and we are sitting about 95 degrees.. more to come!

alright guys! I started it at 10 am, pulled it off at 2. Kept it about 225 all day. My rub turned into more of a glaze than a bark. Its resting as I type this. I will let y'all know how she turned out!

IMAG1460.jpg

Looks great, now were just waiting for the taste test results.:clap2:

Glad to hear it was a success! It looks tasty and I bet there's hardly any left. The wife and I take a 20 lb Frickes Super-Trim to our family get-togethers on Easter, Turkey day and Christmas. I'll have to give that a try!

Back