THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the collars and dampners, ets, try looking on Volgenzang's website. That is where I bought my kits. I also live in California. No worries getting that over to me.

if you did the smoke stacks on the both sides what are you using to connect them. i was thinking 2 6" start collars 2 6" 90 elbows and 2 6" x 24" [FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1]Snap Lock Pipes. but almost everything is galvanized. so are there any other suggestions. i want to do it this way..... a little cheaper thanks.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

For the collars and dampners, ets, try looking on Volgenzang's website. That is where I bought my kits. I also live in California. No worries getting that over to me.

You mean "Vogelzang's".:wink:
It's a Dutch name and means:Vogel=Bird---Zang=Song
You add it up!:-D
I took a look on their website and they say this: "This company has a history of integrity dating back to 1907 when our Dutch ancestors settled in Holland, Michigan."
So much for the PhactsZ!

P.S. This info I gave is quite useless!:-D

I have 6 barrels, I think that I want to try this double barrel smoker first. I will post pictures of my work in a couple of weeks. Thanks for the pictures!

Double Barrel Smoker

I wanted to show a couple of pics of my DBS, We have worked on it a couple of days this week for a couple of hours. We should have it done in a week or so.
Question 1 - Where is the best place to put the chimney?
Question 2 - Since im a newer member, how long until I get to look at the recipes that you have?
Question 3 - Should I do a test burn before I cook anything?

Thanks!!

Attachments

i too am building a DBS..does the us stove kit work on this?is it only vogelzaang kit that will work on this?

does it matter if i only have one damper connected to the top drum?im 40% done..what lining do you guys use for the top door's edges?where should i position the chimney?will a center chimney be good for a single damper?

Nice!

I love my double drum smoker. I use just some two inch open bar grating for my grate.

I also only put the one pipe and damper between the drums. Its white hot over the pipe and it makes for inconsistent temps. I dont even put anything over that area cause it burns. Coarse I use logs as fuel.

I just seasoned it with oil instead of paint. I just brush it and spray it down with some oil from time to time.
DSC00542.jpg

DSC00537.jpg

Back