THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

kendall

Knows what a fatty is.
Scored 2, 55 gallon drums at the local farmers co-op for 10 bucks. gonna start on a UDS.
Both these are closed top with no cap on the bung. they are stamped
" methylene... danger.. explosive " evidently they used alcohol in the auto department as a degreaser.
these drums are empty, and I need to cut the tops off. Is there a chance of vapor still being in these drums? I'll be using a sawzall to cut the top off so it should be spark free.
I thought about going down to the carwash and filling them full of soapy water untill all the air is out.

any thoughts?.......... anyone who grills cant be afraid of fire....but a 55 gallon bomb,,,that scares me.

thanks. I have some firefighter friends and they say that anykind of vapor that is ingited can create a fireball 100 time bigger than the container. 100 X 55 is freakin scary....even a small propane bottle is a disaster if things go wrong.:mad2:

Back