THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
I always love the Blackstone posts on here but I had a plan. Picked up a big double-sided griddle about 2 months ago that I wanted to use for multiple things. So I put the cunning plan in action yesterday to cook some burgers.

The griddle fits over the kettle, only just but it works. Fired up a starter of coals and made a 2-zone setup.

Grilled some onions, homemade bacon, toasted the buns and then the burgers on the griddle and that worked really well. I had lit to much coals so the griddle got really hot, 430F on the cool side and up to 600 on the hot side!

Will be doing this again for sure!

afa84687fbe3f66fbb15f2c0e48aa3c5.jpg

9ae760511d3acc59bf9cb0107cb84229.jpg

20491ade5f73075d15ae90cc5663edbd.jpg

e17c4a7944822d98d5104b2c7214b85d.jpg

15457a7ddbf4b9a208dfb0f5cf6889d4.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I too deluded myself into thinking a smaller griddle over the grill would make me happy in the long run. Then I kept wanting more and more and walked into Walmart one day and saw a lone 36" blackstone on clearance for $149. It was fate.

I ended up giving away that CI griddle to my brother-in-law and he too was suckered in and now owns a 36. He's currently looking for the next soon-to-be convert.

BTW FOOD LOOKS GREAT!!!!

Nicely done! I started with a griddle like that... and now own and LOVE my 48” Camp Chef griddle. Those lil griddles are definitely a “gateway drug”... lol.

Great looking burgers!

Another of the CI griddle on the grill to BS converts here.
Mine fit perfectly on a Coleman camp stove so it saw a lot of use when camping and on the boat.
Just not big enough.
The DIL stopped by last week and was looking at mine, went home and told the son about it, he ordered a 36" SS for $249.
He's already wanting me to make him a hard cover out of polished aluminum diamond plate.

Last edited:
Back