Do you like your own cooking?

Ya know....swamp just nailed it. Wifes been sayin ".....I liked it better the way you did it the last time......". It's like I hear it in my sleep or something.

Those corned beef Stater briskets(I bought a chit load of and are taking up precious room in my freezer) suck. Too salty, even after soaking in water and pating dry.

Made spring rolls the other nite-----sucked, for her that is. Redemption was had tonight however. Thank god for left over pulled pork tacos!

I had made some pulled pork nachos last week also. We really liked them.

I'll say this. I used to not eat after cooking for a long cook because I just didn't want BBQ after being in the smoke for so long, but since I took on a FEC I have an appetite. I think it has something to do with the smoke inhalation or something. I'm not trying to be funny, that is what I have noticed.

I am the best BBQ cook there is, you guys and judges be damned!
Ask my kids, they'll tell ya.

*cough, cough...Princeton...cough, cough* :wink:

It's not that I'm not satisfied or dislike what I cook, but after a day of tending the pit & wallowing in smoke I typically have no taste for "Q" even if I shower first & get the grit & smoke off I typically do not enjoy it that much. I too LOVE my leftovers, after being removed from it for a day or 2 I seem to get the taste for it back.

I find the act of barbecueing to be much more satisfying than the product. I have found that as my skills advance, so do my standards for my own cooking. I am still trying to get it "just right" by what I think is good food. I tend to scrutinize it when others are falling all over it.
I'm with you on this one. I enjoy my cooking and we are all our own worst critic. But I really like cooking for friends and family, they love it when I cook, they call me every week about Wednesday and ask whats on the menu for the weekend. So I guess I'm doing something right!:lol:

You're as bad as my wife, dredging that chit up from the past. :mrgreen:

One bad brisket and I'm ruined.

You know I actually liked the flavor of the brisket, it was an excellent breakfast...I just can't pass on an opportunity to give you a little chit :lol:

I'll bring an alarm clock to Deforest for you :wink:

*Laughing* I just dont understand you folks. Maybe its because I ahvent cooked enough that it has become a chore...or drugery. But when I cooked my pork butts & ribs, I babied it the whole time. I was sitting there staring at that smoker, watching it smoke, and my dog was right there beside me....for hours! And we were both about to slobber all over ourselves. ROFL!

when it was FINALLY done, I ate,a nd I ate and I ate. (Yeah, the dog got some good bones and a little pork and grease too). Next day I ate, and ate and ate.

When i die and get to the Pearly Gates...I sure hope they got good BBQ up there in the land of glory.

Gosh-amighty I love BBQ!!!!!!

:wink:

For the most part I do enjoy my own cooking. At home I always cook / grill / smoke for flavor...hang the presentation or "bite-me-skin"!

Back