do you like leftovers?

We always cook extra for homemade frozen meals. I don't get home from work until about 8.45pm, so I like being able to just throw a homemade meal in the microwave and eating within about 5 minutes.

No. Not really. Food just loses something after a reheat especially in a microwave

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
I get the best results nuking for half what I think is needed, then walk away and come back after a few minutes. Then 30 seconds at a time until hot enough. That way, things are less likely to be over cooked. Microwave instruction manuals suggest the wait time.

Wife and I used to enjoy leaveovers but a bunch BBQ cooks that needed an excuse for their shortcomings made us feel poorly about reheating and consuming food.
Ed

It's what happens when i make crappy bbq that nobody will eat...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I noticed the amount of leftovers decreases in relation to how good it is. most will eat a plate and say it's good just to be gracious but 2nds and 3rds is how you know it was good.

90% of the time I'm only cooking for 2, so heck yes I do.

Here's some awesome Stuffed Poblanos I did a few weeks ago.

s5iCAuD.jpg

hhnoY7X.jpg

NHEkmCv.jpg

EXRPKG7.jpg

When I was a restaurant cook we could always tell how good our food was by the amount of leftovers sent back.

Since I live alone no choice in the matter...

Yay leftovers! We had smoked chicken stuffed baked potatoes tonight, leftover from a chicken done Friday. What didn't get ate tonight got vac sealed and froze for a later day. My chili recipe makes around 4 gallons. We eat it for 3-4 days then portion it into freezer bags. We always freeze what little pulled pork is left after a few days.

We always cook extra! Either it becomes lunch during the week or we packed it as meals and freeze for my parents (both 91).

When I was a restaurant cook we could always tell how good our food was by the amount of leftovers sent back.

Since I live alone no choice in the matter...

Can't remember where I was taught this, but if you really like your meal and was happy with the service. You should always leave one bite on your plate when done, it will let the cook know that it was good and they gave you plenty to eat.

Can't remember where I was taught this, but if you really like your meal and was happy with the service. You should always leave one bite on your plate when done, it will let the cook know that it was good and they gave you plenty to eat.
We have a friend who always does this; now I know why! She worked at Friday's when she was in college so it makes sense.

how would the cook know this. busboys clear tables

Kind of like throwing a penny in a fountain and making a wish. People don't think about it, they just do it and feel better. Anyway, the busboys will know you enjoyed it.

I'm a big fan of leftovers - they make great lunches and are far better than the pedestrian bologna/ham/turkey/etc sandwich - no matter how one dresses it up.

how would the cook know this. busboys clear tables

We must eat at different places? Where I dine, they take the salad bowl before they bring the main meal, then again take the diner plate before bringing you dessert. That dish is also usually taken before you get your bill. I must miss the busboy somehow?

We must eat at different places? Where I dine, they take the salad bowl before they bring the main meal, then again take the diner plate before bringing you dessert. That dish is also usually taken before you get your bill. I must miss the busboy somehow?

I've never had a cook clear my table

If you work in New York City you will more then likely appreciate left overs.
Buying lunch in NY can drive you to the poor house.

It was a small family run restaurant. If you weren't watching what was coming back on plates you weren't doing your job as a cook. Some would complain if the food wasn't good but most just didn't come back.

Trendy places the chefs are gods and the public just didn't know what good food should taste like. There's a good reason they don't stay in business long if they aren't paying attention to what's going on outside of their little part of the place.

Back