THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Old Man 79

Knows what a fatty is.
Of course I don't need to be a member of an association that is no where near me, but there seem to be quite a few that are within my driving range. I plan on taking the KCBS judging class that is close to me in December, that will get me a year of membership with them, which I planned on getting anyway.
I've also been looking at IBCA and TGCBCA. IBCA has some events that pay extra to the winners that are members, which is an interesting perk. Both of these also have invitationals that only members can be invited to.
Are there others in the SE Texas area I need to look into? Should I keep my membership list short? Are there any reasons not to join at least the ones I've listed? Are there others that I really need not overlook?

Looks like you're right. I've been ready about them in forums but I guess I should have looked them up directly.
There's one to scratch of the list.

IBCA and Lonestar are all you need in Texas, more cookoffs than you can possibly cook between the two, KCBS would be good too because of your location. Yes you should join at least these three.

Back