THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maribels baby back ribs

Please accept this as our entry.

956E6D23-FCC6-4DA4-ACE7-ED2EB8219B47.jpg

Complete cook is on thread below.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2967428#post2967428

Silverfinger, I loved hearing about your old Imperial kamado and why you keep it intact the way you do. I think I'd do the same as you, even the bottom plug! Your ribs look crusty, tender, moist and delicious. I don't sauce mine either (unless they get turned into a MkRib sandwich) so I know what you mean, a kamado turns them out so delicious sauce gets in the way of taste. Great entry for team flowerpot! :cheer2:

Moose, that was an awesome steak cook and I learned two things. Bone toward the centre and steakius erectus. Wow. I love the colour and crust your kamado put on that! Another fantastic kamado cook, yippee!! :clap2:

Please accept this as my entry into this WSM vs. Egghead Throwdown.

The whole cook thread can be seen here.

I am torn between two entries into this TD. The first is a picture of the full crockpot of ribs getting ready to be transported to the party:

10489977_872595556102044_3373084305052484008_n.jpg

While I really like that picture, this is Battle WSM vs. Eggs and that picture doesn't really show off the WSM.

Early on, I really loved this next picture as it showed off the four racks of ribs a couple hours into the cook. They have a great color and you can surely tell it is on a WSM. That being said, please use the following picture as my official entry into the WSM vs. Egg Throwdown:

10463978_872484792779787_5276108885326946019_n.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Kathy, what are you planning to do with that hog's leg? I personally can't smoke a hog's leg anymore as it makes me paranoid.

Today was my first run on my mini, earlier today I had cooked some ribs at work and when I got home I put her back to work on a meatloaf.

The meat loaf was 1lb of 80/20 and 1lb of ground pork, glazed with good old tomato soup. Smoked at 300ish over apple for about 2 hours to an IT of 165.

Please accept the first picture as my official entry, thank you.

Nice smoke ring on the brat thunter. Guess you solved the mystery

I went with water in the pan, and I grabbed a bag of Wicked Good Weekend Warrior Lump. The WG is a bit pricey, but man is it good! Gonna keep a few bags around from now on. I also cooked a couple of fattys, and they did have smoke rings but kinda faint. Needless to say... they were delicious anyway! :-D :thumb:

Kathy, what are you planning to do with that hog's leg? I personally can't smoke a hog's leg anymore as it makes me paranoid.

It's near the end of smoking right now and it's gorgeous. In about 20 minutes I'll pull it off the kamado and rest it. I just read a little bit about using manual focus on my camera, I'll try a few shots like that to see if I can create a haunting photo. :photo: Somehow I've got to translate what I'm seeing with my own eyes to a big farking goal for flower pots.

On edit: I just downloaded my first try at manual photos and they really sucked. Hard to tell if the manual focus worked because the sun was too bright, they were overexposed. Good thing I checked, I'm going to try manual again inside. Here's an autofocus tease….

Last edited:
I have decided to use Redhot's flower pot for this one. Yes, I DID ask permission. :becky: With all the cleaning up and other chores stemming from the roof problem, there just wasn't enough time for the both of us to enter. So, since I've NEVER used a kamado for a TD entry, I decided to go with the Akorn this time. It's fired up and the meat has been prepared. If all goes well, I'll actually have something for y'all to consider. :thumb:

Back