THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Scarred the pants off me! My eggplant was left without it's tofu! OMG!!!!

:laugh: Then add some tofu to the filling so you can walk the streets without people looking at you funny! :thumb:

Eggplant parmesan tastes great, too, I had that at a restaurant once and they made that dish sing! Hey, isn't there an Italian guy around here looking for something to make from eggplant and tofu that would be delicious? Eggplant Parm with grated tofu in the breading! :clap2:

Tease for Kathy...

dish_zpse7382965.jpg

Tofu Ricotta Stuffed Shrooms and Eggplant Parmesan

An official entry.
Truth be told, I had to google the berjeebers on these two items. Came up with my variations of stuffed shrooms and eggplant parmesan.
For the tofu ricotta, I mixed the tofu with EVOO, minced shallots, minced garlic, white Balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parsley and nutritional yeast.
tofu26.jpg
tofu25.jpg
tofu24.jpg

Set that aside, and made the topping. Sauteed some bacon( I mean really, who eats tofu without bacon?), chopped up mushroom stems, onion, garlic, S & P, Parmesan, beer, and almond flour.
tofu20.jpg

tofu19.jpg

Stuffed the shrooms with the tofu ricotta, then topped that with the almond flour mixture. Then hit it with red pepper flakes.
tofu17.jpg
tofu16.jpg

Set that aside and started on the parm
Went with a pecan crust on the eggplants. Mixed S & P, oregano, parsley, red pepper flakes with the pecan meal. Egg and dipped.
tofu14.jpg
tofu12.jpg

Onto the fire to brown up, ended up removing the foil.
tofu11.jpg

tofu10.jpg

Once the eggplant was brown and crispy, I hit them with some sauce, provolone and Parmesan. Then put the shrooms and parm in the Pro Q stacker. Was a PITA, as I didn't measure, anyway I stacked the pans in the stacker and rolled with it. Tight dang fit tho.
tofu9.jpg
tofu6.jpg

Done!
tofu5.jpg

Plated up! I'd be a liar if I said it sucked. Thanks fer lookin.
Please use this shot.
tofu4.jpg

tofu1.jpg

plate_zpscb2aaa55.jpg

Here's another plating, not sure which I like best.

plate1_zps99719b9b.jpg

Both platings look like good food. The photo with sliced tomatoes in the foreground shows the tofu bites in soft focus in the background. The one with the tofu in the foreground shows better detail/focus of both TD theme ingredients. Both photos show the Baba Ghanoush well. Voters that like whimsical details will also like the filled, carved tomato.

Both platings look like good food. The photo with sliced tomatoes in the foreground shows the tofu bites in soft focus in the background. The one with the tofu in the foreground shows better detail/focus of both TD theme ingredients. Both photos show the Baba Ghanoush well. Voters that like whimsical details will also like the filled, carved tomato.

Yep. I've never cut a mater and scooped it out like that before. Got a little happy with that one knife stroke, but was pretty happy for a first attempt. Still though, which one makes me hungrier? Hmmmmmm...I'll have to let Ronelle decide.

Back