THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thunter

is Blowin Smoke!
The guy in our office building cafe' talks a great BBQ game. He has all the lingo down pat and even demonstrates some practical Q' know-how! Yesturday he brought his smoker in to cook ribs for the friday lunch crowd. I was one of the first in line to get a good BBQ treat; but I got tricked instead! :mad:

The ribs looked par-boiled and I think they were. The meat was not pulled back on the bone, they had no smoke ring, no smoke flavor and were very tough! :twisted:

They did have a nice rub that had obviously been sprinkled on just before serving. The guy at the cash register said: "These ribs have been smoked AND barbecued!". Well, I knew then I had wasted my 5.99 and gotten exactly what I paid for! :twisted:

Now, I have to do some real ribs or I will simply go nuts!!!

Yep, grew up just north of Indy worked at a fine mens club near Parnell's for a time:lol: I used to order their rib tips damn gooood :mrgreen:

thunter said:
Dustaway,

You know about Purnells? Are you from Indy?

A guy I work with is like that, brings in a crockpot o' mystery meat, $.99 bottle of sauce and proclaims its BBQ! Tells me he's experimenting with sauces, so I tell him to bring it and I'll bring the pulled pork. I put out a tray of butt and a tray of shoulder, and he pulls out that bottle and wants to mix it into the pork and I almost chit! I tell him I'd like to have people taste the meats and give me their opinion and to have the sauce on the side. He's kinda miffed but WTF. Luckily I had a bottle of Stubbs with me as a backup cuz his tasted like crap! I got raves for meats and a few even liked his sauce.
Like Mike Mills said " you can put on all the sauce you want.....

grillfella said:
I love people that talk a good game, but when it comes to doing it they cut so many corners it's embarassing

...and then the yo-yo opens up a "BBQ Joint" thinking that he's gonna make a killin'! Probably thinks that Arby's has good roast beef sammies too.
Dave

Back