Direct charcoal cooking in pit

Lang and Johnson smokers also provide charcoal pans to smoke inside the cooking chamber . Lang it is an accessory and have to ask for it, Johnson it comes standard ...

Just emailed Jamie to see if he’ll fab one up for me. LSG said with the backyard jambo being smaller double doors that it won’t fit. I’m sure I could order 2 and place them side by side but they are made for a 20” deep pit and mine is 24”. Before I try to get creative here I’ll check around to all the recommendations

If it was me, I would get a standard Weber Kettle, use the PK for grilling, and add the kettle in the mix for large gatherings. You can do anything in a kettle, so it will add diversity in other areas of your outdoor cooking life. I suspect, however, that you aren't looking to solve a problem, you just love your Jambo and want to use it more. I can totally identify with this. Go for it!

If it was me, I would get a standard Weber Kettle, use the PK for grilling, and add the kettle in the mix for large gatherings. You can do anything in a kettle, so it will add diversity in other areas of your outdoor cooking life. I suspect, however, that you aren't looking to solve a problem, you just love your Jambo and want to use it more. I can totally identify with this. Go for it!

I have a Weber Kettle, a PK and a LSG stick burner. For this reason, I approve of the posting I have quoted!

Between the PK and the Weber (especially a 26"), you can grill for a large crown, for sure. Still think you can get a grate that will work in the Jambo, however. Cheaper than a 26 Weber.

Back