THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I picked up an impressive plate of short ribs recently. As a bark lover I really wanted to try a new shaker of Tatanka Dust. Cooked on a Weber Performer, hot and fast at around 300 F. Wrapped in parchment at 170 and pulled when it probed like butter. Apple chunks for smoke. WOW is all I can say.
Very nice! The full sized beef ribs are one of my favorite things to cook as well, especially when I want some beef but not necessarily a long brisket cook! This is the second thread today that I've seen on beef ribs, I think that's God's way of telling me to cook some this week! LOL!:pray::grin:

Love a good short rib. Can get them uncut at the local Hispanic Super Market, otherwise all that is available are them little bitty things that I use for Asian cooking.

Where I am at they sell short ribs usually in a package of 5 individual bones each. They also sell the cross cut bones. I asked my grocery store butcher this weekend and he said the could sell me short ribs on a rack. It's on my to do list...

That's how i buy mine by the rack. Sometimes i have the butcher cut them crosscut rite down the middle of the rack.

Back