Dinner for one please

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Mrs. Ed is at the marina having a little whine party, and left me to my own devises, so that means GIZZARDS!!!!!
6ish hours in chicken broth in the 1972 avocado green wedding present crack pot. Ice bath, batter, 350* lard finish.
yum,yum, get your own bitches.
Ed

When done your way do you eat the whole thing as opposed to just those tough meaty parts?
I have only eaten the meaty parts but it seems that that batter/ fry would change things up.

Weird. Picture just finally popped up. That said, Gizzards and ranch dressing? My wife loves hidden valley buttermilk ranch dressing on just about everything, so i wont knock it. But for me, Gizzards and gravy is where its at. Nothing compares.

I love them and cook them almost the same way. I just simmer them on the stove top in a covered saute pot with water and chicken bullion cubes instead of the crock pot.

About an hour and a half slow simmer then spicy batter and deep fry. YUM! Nice and tender that way. :thumb:

Weird. Picture just finally popped up. That said, Gizzards and ranch dressing? My wife loves hidden valley buttermilk ranch dressing on just about everything, so i wont knock it. But for me, Gizzards and gravy is where its at. Nothing compares.

Saw a YT video where the guy covered his gizzards with chicken gravy in the crockpot and let 'em go till tender. I actually thought about making gravy with the cooking liquid.
Ed

Nice low carb meal! Looks Great!
Had tons of chicken liver - never GIZZARDS. Comparatively how's the taste?

I have in the past, trimmed the meat from the gristle and just fried them up.
Nice flavor with some chew.
Just battering and frying makes for a really jaw aching meal, but good flavor.
I will never have gizzards any other way now!
As a child my favorite birthday meal was fried livers and frozen squash. I'd just drag the liver through the squash. yum, yum, get ya some!
Ed

I tried gizzards once. They weren't horrible. Definitely have that organ meat "minerally" taste. I probably would never order them but if there was some there for the table might munch on a few.