THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey Vinny,

What am I, chopped liver? :grin: I enjoyed being next to you and appreciate your help. I must say I never imagined having to deal with a windstorm like that.

I really enjoyed the event and thought that it was pretty cool, all things considered. Late October is a risky time for holding an event but it seemed to work out. Next year, though, I'm renting a camper. The heck with the canopy.

Erik

P.S. I did find out I can either get a replacement frame or parts for my canopy.

Sorry Erik !!! I thought you said you only visited us here once or twice. Glad you made it back to us. It was nice to meet you. You were a great neighbor too.

John - I've got the pic of you in front of your Widespead Pork banner. Just have to get my camera out of my trailer somewhere. It was nice to see you again too.

Jon, that's a good one. I'd buy one of those.

Kinda like this one........ There is a website that has doppler radar scans from the last 5 days. If you go to http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/, put in End Date of 20 OCT 2007, end time of 0500UTC, and loop last 2-3 hours, you will see the line of storms that went through and missed us. We were lucky compared to 50 miles north of us.

Attachments

• doverblows.jpg
    doverblows.jpg
    394 KB · Views: 69
Kinda like this one........ There is a website that has doppler radar scans from the last 5 days. If you go to http://www.rap.ucar.edu/weather/radar/, put in End Date of 20 OCT 2007, end time of 0500UTC, and loop last 2-3 hours, you will see the line of storms that went through and missed us. We were lucky compared to 50 miles north of us.

My placement of Dover was off in the last graphic. Here is an updated one.

I still like "We got blown in Dover"....however, we were going to use "We blew in Dover" if we had a horrible showing.

Attachments

• doverblows2.jpg
    doverblows2.jpg
    367.6 KB · Views: 69
Lost EZUP #3 this season. I've never experienced weather like what rolled through Dover Friday night. Wow! My camp was leveled, the only thing left standing were my Backwoods/gurus chugging along at 240* through the whole thing. All the non-RV teams should be proud of their calls.

Was great to hang next to George, like Vinny I cooked this one solo, George's crew were a great help. It was a lot of work but I had a blast.... Next stop Jack Daniels!!!

The Fatboys are OK right?

whats new with your Stumps?

Back