THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

frognot

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Charles
Here's some brisket sales in the Dallas-Fort Worth area for Memorial Day.

Kroger: Choice briskets $1.87/lb. Limit two with digital coupon.

Tom Thumb: Prime briskets $2.97/lb. Limit two with store card. Haven't seen prime ones at my local TT before.

HEB: No brisket sales but St. Louis style spare ribs or baby back ribs $1.77/lb. Limit 3. Also choice tri-tips at $4.99/lb.

Hope y'all all have a wonderful weekend!

I think you all get a certain pleasure rubbing it in.
I'm surrounded by like 12-15 million cows. Walked into nearby grocery store and select was $4.59#. I love everything about cooking brisket. Used to cook 2-3 per month. Now it's 2-3 per year and a lot more beef cheek. Picked up a choice at Walmart recently $2.50#, think I'm going to put it in the freezer for down the road someday

Marty, not my intention to rub it in. Just information for my DFW farkers or maybe somebody out of the area might be visiting and they can bring an ice chest.

Rubbing it in is telling y'all that I've got an HEB across the street from a Kroger and they're just a few blocks away.

Marty, not my intention to rub it in. Just information for my DFW farkers or maybe somebody out of the area might be visiting and they can bring an ice chest.

Rubbing it in is telling y'all that I've got an HEB across the street from a Kroger and they're just a few blocks away.
No offense Charles, I wish I could get those deals.

Went back and got a 15lb with good marbling in the flat and a good-sized point.
Flat was thin but the point should make up for it. Excel Black Angus Choice
I will swing by later today and head over to Tom Thumb for the Prime.

I was at Costco on friday. Choice briskets were 3.79, prime were 3.99. The primes looked nice, not a lot of excess fat chunk, but were on the small side - 8 to 10 lbs. The flat was a bit thin. So some concerns about that. Choice were larger, 17 lbs avg.

I wanted to do a brisket - bad - on the stick burner but don't have time and the forecast is not great later today and definitely not tomorrow.

Back