Deer Camp Beef Cheek Tacos

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Same as the last several years. Deer camp is at my house. Friends meet here for the week and spread out to hunt, then we meet up here at the end of the day for food, catching up and laughter!

This was beef cheek taco night (in the old shop) on the comal.

started with onions...

APnShUX.jpg

scooched em to the side and cooked peppers...

8sRZiIQ.jpg

beef cheeks
https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2010/08/sweet-beef-cheek-tacos.html

L5pE7fB.jpg

Then the shrimp..

htpxWVS.jpg

xjcx0pJ.jpg

MlW5wcL.jpg

Next came the tortillas...

yEfEnMC.jpg

V4kKiL5.jpg

some of the fixin's...

ZYiI8Hu.jpg

ffZ0jzj.jpg

I didn't take pics, but made some fried tacos, with corn tortillas, dipped in my home canned Hatch chile sauce, stuffed with chihuahua melting cheese, beef cheeks, onions, cilantro....fried til crisp.

qGHPPHW.jpg

The beef cheek tacos.. with cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime...

cdeKC34.jpg

A Shrimp taco.... dressed the same...

BPjih9a.jpg

The crispy chihuahua taco...

7NCxzIX.jpg

It was a fun night,

We had a good reunion and almost everyone harvested some fresh venison to take home for the winter.

uXG96Ht.jpg

a7WImAb.gif

mNSWFdh.jpg

aCqvc9f.jpg

Had 14 house guests this year. It was good to kick back and enjoy the food and the laughter. :)
Thanks for looking..

Last edited:
That looks delicious, especially the fried taco with the cheese pull! I love crunchy tacos.
Merry Christmas.

Once again, you point out just how lacking my deer camp is. Its sad really. :-D

Didn't put on the spread that you did, but I was able to get some Jalapeño & Cheese sausage out of the deal.

That looks delicious. I bet a couple of your guests are really there for the good food and good company.

I used to go with friends for a week of deer camp in central PA. We always had a pot on the simmer so you could get a warm bowl of stew when coming in from the cold. It always started as rabbit stew but would have the leftovers thrown in the pot every day. It always seemed to get better and better as the week went on.

Nice way to close out the day of sitting in the tree stand,,,Tacos,,,,
Nice way to close out the day of sitting in the tree stand,,,,,nice lookin’ buck !!!!
Batting a thousand fer sure,,,Awesome all the way around

It's obvious why everyone enjoys being at your place for deer season. What a wonderful host and spot. BTW...Nice Rack :-D Well someone had to say it

Looks fantastic, Jeanie. Sounds like a full house with 14 guests!

Glad folks had luck on the venison front.

Back