THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Texas Hogger

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Terry
I was trying to decide what to put on the smoker this weekend when I remembered the ***SPECIAL*** "National Pizza Month" Throwdown was in progress.

So pizza it is. I've wanted to try to make deep dish pizza for quite a while. Since I had absolutely no clue as to how to go about making deep dish pizza; naturally I jumped right in with both feet. I can learn as I go. How hard can it be?

I whipped up a batch of dough and spread it over the bottoms of 2 cast iron skillets. After pre-baking the crusts, I smeared some sauce all over them and added the toppings.

I used pepperoni, ground beef, bacon crumbles, Itallian sausage, cubed ham, yellow peppers, green chiles, and onion.

Next it was into the drum smoker at 380-385 for 35 minutes.

Now I am by no means a pizza expert so I dont really know if this is actually "deep dish pizza" but I can tell you with certainty that it was farking good stuff.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 277
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20201017_161200.jpg
    IMG_20201017_161200.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 275
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 273
  • temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 271
  • pizza11.jpg
    pizza11.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 274
  • pizza7 (1).jpg
    pizza7 (1).jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 271
  • pizza8.jpg
    pizza8.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 273
  • pizza3.jpg
    pizza3.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 273
Looking great Terry! You just gave me the push to try a deep dish pie. Never tried it before.

Back