THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Pat, appreciate it. Well, I do have leeway, what I am trying to do is satisfy my "want" to cook this weekend, with my "want" to get quality. What is the old saying? You get to pick 2 of three things, "quality, speed, price" You cannot pick all three. So, for this weekend I need speed i.e. to buy something soon, but I am big on quality and price so...

I have a thawed brisket that I either need to refreeze or find another way to cook it and set aside more money for the other two or go out and pick up a dadgum Oklahoma Joe Highland or New Braunfels tonight or if I can find a wide body smokey mountain vertical etc..

but...if I wait a few more months, add in a few hundred more.. and step it up to a little nicer larger one.. right?

Been without too long.. bbq addiction setting in and I expected to be in the house by now so.. lol

I know me.. once I go get a smoker.. I'll use it till it wears out before I get something else.

Lastly.. I factor in the rain that is pouring down and lack of a cover so.. 12+ hours out there..? lol.. may help me decide to save :p

Russ

Get a 22" WSM and don't look back, Russell.

You could cook it in the oven and borrow someones charcoal grill to get some grill/smoke flavor on it...? Just thinking out loud here for you.

After owning an 18" and a 22" over the past 6 years (sold the 18 a few yrs back in order to get the 22), I gotta say that I constantly debate grabbing a "legit" pit but never end up doing it.

I've got a Yoder 640 that I'm trying to sell and all that thick metal makes me want a stickburner, but I know that the only reasonable solution would be either an insulated cabinet or something that's reverse flow at least. Otherwise, it's hard to justify not using the 22WSM.

Back