THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin
Staff member
Admin
Name or Nickame
Phil
Bash II will happen come Hell or High Water.. Well, maybe not High water. :x Weather forcasts look promising.

Local news here is saying rain on Fiday. Storm track has it going northwest of us. So if its just rain, we're OK. We move inside for a little, or stay under the tent(if theres no wind) for Friday.

We load Hugh up and the unattended WSM and show our dedication and have a Bash. :)

Saturday and sunday is supposed to be sunny. So as of now, we are still on.

Only question I would have is flight status. Islip airport will most likly remain open unless we get whacked with a direct hit, which they are saying is not likely. But Harry and David are coming up from the east coast. Will the planes fly over?

I'm planning on trying to be there Friday afternoon. I have no idea how early SW will let me know flight status.

Continental Filght 2257 5:12pm. Would appreciate a cold beer upon arrival. If I get stuck in Cleveland I will playing with the indians all weekend. Checked with Airline this morning $150 to change tickets so I'm committed.

brd1958 said:
Continental Filght 2257 5:12pm. Would appreciate a cold beer upon arrival. If I get stuck in Cleveland I will playing with the indians all weekend. Checked with Airline this morning $150 to change tickets so I'm committed.

Sorry, Arrival gifts are warm Schafer only.

Cold stuff comes later.

Arriving Friday early PM is not looking very good for me right now. Now that it slowed down, and according to the 11:00am photo, it's supposed to peak in my area exactly when I'm supposed to pick up the rental car (7:30AM Friday).

BBQchef33 said:
thursday night..... get out & run!!!

That's a great idea but I have to make sure everything's okay at the house B4 taking off. I'm waiting for the 5:00pm photo. It seems to keep pushing westward - that helps me a little, you moreso). I have no clue what the outskirts of the eye of this type of storm system can deliver. :shock:

BBQchef33 said:
thursday night..... get out & run!!!

That's a great idea but I have to make sure everything's okay at the house B4 taking off. I'm waiting for the 5:00pm photo. It seems to keep pushing westward - that helps me a little, you moreso). I have no clue what the outskirts of the eye of this type of storm system can deliver. :shock:

Back