Crisp Air in Houston Can Only Mean....

thomasjurisd

Full Fledged Farker
...the Holiday's are a comin and Its BBQ Time BABY! I apologize for my absence from the board for the past several months but during college football season BaylorFans gets most of my attention. Sic Em Bears!

Back to Q. First, I got on yesterday to "bone up" on my Turkey skills and was reminded of what a great resource the Brethren is. I tell people all the time about the site and it amazes me that so many people still choose to walk blindly through the BBQ maze - ruining countless lbs of meat and torturing their friends and loved ones (I know I did when I was learning) rather than take advantage of the Brethren and jump light years ahead through research. I'll keep spreadin the gospel! They'll come around some day.

Second, I've gotten the green light from the wife to take the plunge and graduate up to a big stick burner. I say "big" but I mean a backyard smoker, most likely a 20" x 40" Due to budget constraints I'm probably going with a Lyfe Tyme...I've used them and enjoyed them and for my price limitation (about $1000) I just don't think I can do any better. Klose and Gator Pit are about $200-$300 more for the size I'm looking at and I just don't think the quality is significantly higher. Input is appreciated.

Finally, to pull it all together, I'm happy to announce that the Bandera I was lucky enough to have been given by a neighbor will be given to a friend of mine to continue the love and spread the gospel that is Q. Merry Christmas! He'll be inheriting one with all the mods already done. I know I could get some cash for it but I just figure that since It was gift to me, I'll pay it forward to someone else. However, I do think I will condition it upon his joining the Brethren...you know, so he gets max value out of the Bandera.

Well, that is all for now and I look forward to seeing/reading alot more about BBQ Turkey and other smokey holiday delights over the next several weeks. Happy Holidays and remember to get out there like good consumers and buy as much meat between now and January as your budget, belly, and wife will allow and lets smoke our way out of this recession!:clap2:

Back