Creekstone Farms Short Ribs On The Weber Summit Kamado

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I'm a couple of cooks in on my new Summit Kamado and I am really impressed with it. Everything has turned out really good. The grill holds temp like a champ. One thing I'm really pleased with is the ability to lower the temp in a reasonable amount of time. I had an off brand ceramic kamado years ago and if you overshot your temp there was just no recovering.

Did a couple racks of Creekstone Farms short tibs last night.

koFhxDUl.jpg

LF5s3QOl.jpg

bqD4StZl.jpg

HKVp33Nl.jpg

gh0Vyzdl.jpg

QuM5EXLl.jpg

q3vV43dl.jpg

Thanks,

Matt

Very sumptuous looking meal. I've been skirting around smoking these (I've only done it once so far).

The cooker ran great! Holds temps well and responds to vent adjustments. I'm loving it.

Seamed to cook really fast though. Might have been my imagination but those ribs got to 160 in about two hours. Put them on at about 220 degrees and was letting the grill slowly creep up to 250. Had to drop temp back down so they would be ready for dinner and not lunch.

Those are BEAUTIFUL ribs!

How’d the cooker do?

Those look amazing. I've eyed the Weber Summit charcoal ever since it was introduced but could never pull the trigger due to the price. The new prices are more reasonable but the model without the table looks not as sturdy due to no braces along the bottom of the legs. I'm not sure how well it will hold up long term.

How is that new diffuser?

There is an issue with mine and Weber is sending me two new back legs so mine is definitely very wobbly but I'm hoping the new legs take care of the majority of that. I have seen a few other people complaining about that very thing though and I have seen a few videos showing a little bit of instability when opening and closing the lid.

I'm going to try and figure out something to improve it. It wouldn't deter me from purchasing it again though. I'm very happy with it.

Those look amazing. I've eyed the Weber Summit charcoal ever since it was introduced but could never pull the trigger due to the price. The new prices are more reasonable but the model without the table looks not as sturdy due to no braces along the bottom of the legs. I'm not sure how well it will hold up long term.

How is that new diffuser?

Your short ribs look delish!

I like your cooker too...cant wait to see one in person.

Back