THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Joshw

Babbling Farker
Glad I have a butcher 3mi from the house that sells prime short ribs for $6.99 a pound all day every day. :-D

I know people in TX are laughing at me though. :icon_blush:

I can get short ribs for $3.99 to $4.29 a lb. Not prime...but when it comes to short ribs is prime necessary?

It's like a stew meat to begin with. Personally I think its over priced for what it is.

My 2 cents.

I paid $5.58lb for these Choice at Sams.

Not really stew meat.

DaEnYflg.jpg

Lobster tail,chicken wings, brisket, ribs, flank steak, skirt steak etc. Years ago they couldn't give those cuts away. Lobster tail was considered poor mans food. People laughed at those who brought lobster tail for lunch on bread.

Oh how the world has changed. Most cuts like flank steak were taken home by the butcher because no one wanted them. Same with chicken wings and the rest.

Slaves were given ribs and brisket. Now their over priced gourmet items.

These so called boutique meat sellers get high dollar for what used to be throw away cuts.

A fool and his money are soon departed...or a sucker is born every minute.

I for one won't buy stew meat for $8 or $9 a lb.

Lobster tail,chicken wings, brisket, ribs, flank steak, skirt steak etc. Years ago they couldn't give those cuts away. Lobster tail was considered poor mans food. People laughed at those who brought lobster tail for lunch on bread.

Oh how the world has changed. Most cuts like flank steak were taken home by the butcher because no one wanted them. Same with chicken wings and the rest.

Slaves were given ribs and brisket. Now their over priced gourmet items.

These so called boutique meat sellers get high dollar for what used to be throw away cuts.

A fool and his money are soon departed...or a sucker is born every minute.

I for one won't buy stew meat for $8 or $9 a lb.
You left out Tri Tip. :shocked:

Yep. And I swore that anyone who spent over $500 for a smoker was an idiot who was careless with money when I joined this forum.
I was the same. Thought ya'll were all completely certifiable. :pound:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Back