Creekstone Farms ribs are spoiled

jkief

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeffry
A local farm to table store just opened up a couple of miles from the house. Their produce is all local and amazing. They didn’t like the local Florida beef, so they partnered with creekstone farms to source their beef and pork from. I bought a pack of St. Louis ribs on Friday to cook today. Pulled them from the fridge and opened them up. They stunk so bad the wife and I couldn’t take the smell. We called the store and they told us to come get another rack. The butcher opened the pack while we were there to check for us. When he opened, the butcher gagged so bad. It looks like the entire batch they got from creekstone are spoiled. Looks like it’s hot dogs and the Indy500 today!

Spoiled Creekstone Farms Food

I'm not at all surprised! Creekstone Farms doesn't like to keep their meats to arrive frozen.....why I have no clue but it's costing them business. I've had several go arounds with them on this issue. Never spoiled but almost is generally the way their meat arrives. If they would just do a better job, of adding dry ice of more frozen jell packs it would make for happy customers. I just ordered some filets from E3 and they came last week so frozen I think it would take a day in the Alabama sun to defrost. 44 Farms send their meat well frozen too. One would think Creekstone Farms would get the point.

A local farm to table store just opened up a couple of miles from the house. Their produce is all local and amazing. They didn’t like the local Florida beef, so they partnered with creekstone farms to source their beef and pork from. I bought a pack of St. Louis ribs on Friday to cook today. Pulled them from the fridge and opened them up. They stunk so bad the wife and I couldn’t take the smell. We called the store and they told us to come get another rack. The butcher opened the pack while we were there to check for us. When he opened, the butcher gagged so bad. It looks like the entire batch they got from creekstone are spoiled. Looks like it’s hot dogs and the Indy500 today!

There is really no telling how they arrived, or if the store is responsible.

I'm not at all surprised! Creekstone Farms doesn't like to keep their meats to arrive frozen.....why I have no clue but it's costing them business. I've had several go arounds with them on this issue. Never spoiled but almost is generally the way their meat arrives. If they would just do a better job, of adding dry ice of more frozen jell packs it would make for happy customers. I just ordered some filets from E3 and they came last week so frozen I think it would take a day in the Alabama sun to defrost. 44 Farms send their meat well frozen too. One would think Creekstone Farms would get the point.

I've had just the opposite experience. Everything I've gotten from them has been well packaged (box, inner-box that is styro lined, and a insulated soft cooler inside that with 5 or 6 ice packs) and all was still frozen. In all fairness I live on the fringe of 2-day delivery and 3-day delivery so maybe more care is taken just to play it safe.

Do to several less than desirable deliveries from Creekstone Farms I only order from them November through February. I can say that deliveries from SRF and Crowd Cow have been great regardless of time of year. I also had a not so positive delivery from Pasturebird.

That sucks to hear Jeff. I have my CF order tucked away for my battle box to show up, but I had concerns with how they thawed they arrived, so fingers crossed.

No telling if it was a creekstone farms issue, store issue, or even the delivery truck issue. Not mad at anyone. It happens. I’m glad the store opened another pack and had the same problem, so no other customer had an issue. Store was super understanding and apologetic. Unfortunately, there are so many hands in the supply chain it’s hard to pinpoint where they spoiled.

Agreed - just sucks it altered your weekend plans

Luckily we have kids. Therefore, all beef hot dogs are always on stand by in the fridge. Luckily, we didn’t need them tonight. The wife picked a great pork belly. A few hours on the smoker (in lieu of the ribs) and a couple of minutes in the pan, turned out a delicious dinner.

It's frustrating for sure when that happens and at least you were legitimized by the butcher. I have had ribs spoiled from a few different local stores and a butch shop that I have had too many spoiled meats from. I simply no longer go to said butcher shop anymore. When I got homemade sausage more than once that made me gag that was it. At least you had a back up plan

It is not what happens to you, it is how you react to what happens that shows who you are.

You are a good man Jeffry!

Back