THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ribs.............

15 pounds of ribs for 88 bucks is a little steep for my budget........that is about 6 bucks a pound...............around here you can get baby backs for about 3 bucks a pound and regular St. Louis for 2 bucks pretty much anywhere....they must be some fine eating to fetch that kinda money.....

I snatched some ribs and tri tip and a side of ribeyes. Costco Smithfield ribs just aren’t nearly as good as these durocs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I got some ribs. I can't find meaty ribs these days, not at my local meat market, not at Sams. At those places, I'm paying for a lot of bone.

When I get ribs from Sams, I use the comp wrap with the butter, honey, and brown sugar.

I'm not gonna do that with these durocs.

Do y'all cook these durocs the same as other ribs ?

I use salt and pepper for rub or killer hogs bbq rub. Cook for about 3 hours and sometimes I wrap for about an hour then back on with a glaze. They take about 4.5 hours for me. Other times I just cook em straight through without wrapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I tried them a couple months ago. Just cooked my last rack weekend before last. To be honest, I prefer the flavor of the natural spare ribs I get at my HEB. Still good, mind you. Just not worth the cost and trouble. Wagyu Picanha and outside skirt I got from SRF? Well worth it

Back