THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice looking meal! Something about this time of year just makes me crave Alaskan King crab legs. It has kind of turned into our New Year's eve tradition. I can't wait!
Thanks Marty! I like the sound of your New Years tradition.. I think I should start that one too. :becky:

That's my kinda surf n' turf! I love King crab legs
Thank you Beerbecue, they are my favorites too! :)

yes please.
Thank you deepsouth, I woulda shared!

That settles it. I'm throwing out the leftover ham now.:becky:
Thank you tortaboy, Please throw that ham my way. :becky:

I've never had king crab legs. Are they better or sweeter than snow crab legs?

They taste a little bit sweeter to me. It might just be the ones available here for me... but I like them better than snow crab legs
One king leg is about all I can eat in one sitting.... but I try. They have a lot of meat on them. :-D

I'll have to give them a try. They are a bit more expensive in my town than snow crabs but if they are sweeter, they are probably worth it.

I'll have to give them a try. They are a bit more expensive in my town than snow crabs but if they are sweeter, they are probably worth it.
They are really good... (in my opinion). Hope you give them a try. :-D
I like them smoked. They are already cooked so they just need heated through on the smoker.. I love em.

Thank you Capozzoli! :-D

Thanks JD! I wish I had that steak and tater now. lol

All looks amazing Jeanie! I had crab & crawfish for Christmas dinner too!

I also had some pepper shrimp the other day! :becky:
db7c1d20.jpg

How did you do yours? They look amazing! Did they come out of your pond? Always liked seeing your posts on how you raised your shrimp! I'm taking it this year was good cuz those are some fatties! :thumb:

Cheers

All looks amazing Jeanie! I had crab & crawfish for Christmas dinner too!

I also had some pepper shrimp the other day! :becky:
db7c1d20.jpg

How did you do yours? They look amazing! Did they come out of your pond? Always liked seeing your posts on how you raised your shrimp! I'm taking it this year was good cuz those are some fatties! :thumb:

Cheers

Phrasty! Dude, those look awesome. Did you post that somewere and I missed it? We go to Hawaii every year but I would love to come your direction just for a chance to meet you and taste some of this goodness!

I wish I had crabs like that. Wait - what I mean is....

Anyway...I see those being sold at Costco sometimes, and this is probably the extra push required to get me to step up and finally buy some.

Looks amazing as always - you are living right! :clap2:

Thanks Phrasty! Your shrimp look excellent!
I brought these back from the gulf. My shrimp herd suffered during the drought and high heat this summer... didn't get much of a crop.
Here's how I make the spicy shrimp... http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2009/10/new-orleans-style-bbq-shrimpon-drum.html

Thanks Greg!! :becky:

Very delicious looking meal, Jeanie! :thumb: Hope you had some leftovers for later if you didn't get any of that steak and taters. :wink:

awesome cowgirl i always enjoys your posts and pron. did the crab meat pick up much of a smoky flavor? also how did you know when they were done?

Great lookin' surf 'n' turf! i might have skipped the tater (although it looked awesome) but i would've never skipped that ribeye.

Wow..thanks for sharing Jeanie. That totally helped me make up my mind on what is for dinner on NYE. Crab Grab...aloha style.

Mahalos for the idea.

Back