THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First of all, congrats to Dan, Chris and Eric of 3EYZs. This is legend territory. What a string of consistentcy! Add to that back to back weeks of Friday storms and this is totally awesome. Glad everyone is ok, but sorry many lost there property. Hats off to the organizers and teams who endured natures punch in the nose and stood back up and fought back. Thank you 3EYZS team for being the class act that we know you are and stepping up to the plate to help out with power. To everyone that endured, whether you walked or not, my hat is tipped to you for a great job under extreme conditions.

What a wild ride last weekend was!!!!!! In the true spirit of BBQ, once it was safe to get out, EVERYONE was checking on everybody, making sure they were ok, and there were no serious injuries. Pop-ups, smokers, charcoal, meat can all be replaced....people, friends and family cannot.

Thank you very much for all the kind words, we'll be back next year, this one will be a great contest.

Congrats to 3Eyz BBQ on GC and everyone else who got calls. Cooking winning BBQ in those conditions is impressive.

My favorite story from Covington will be the two girls from Damage BBQ. They came by after the storm and asked me & Chris if we had seen a piece of paper. :twitch: What? There are roof tiles, broken glass, shingles, leaves and sticks, and broken EZUps every where, the town is completely dark with no power and you're asking us if we've seen a piece of paper??!!!!! I think it was their timeline. Not sure. But they were determined to find it so they kept walking down Main Street. Chris and I just looked at each other and laughed.

Sure enough, about 30 minutes later, here they come skipping and giggling back up the street with a 8x11 piece of paper in their hand. They found it!! Talk about a needle in a haystack... One team lost parts of their WSM and never found it! My hat is off to these girls for their determination. I am impressed!! :clap2:

Ya that was my wife and friend who were looking for my timeline after drinking some "water". Storm shook there nerves a bit and they thought "water" would help. As I was reassembling our site that was piled under a building roof in the middle of the storm, I sent them to look for the timeline to give them something to do. I knew there was 0 chance they would fine that timeline. Imagine my surprise when they came back with it maybe a hour later. Never thought the wild goose chase would come back with a goose. Though I believe that got help from another team that saw it, so thanks for that.

Thanks to Dizzy Pig for giving us some aluminum pans(the 1st things to fly off) really appreciate it. Also thanks to the guys that came over and helped us get the awning down in the middle of it. Appreciate that also.

I ended up driving all the way to Lexington following contest to find gas. Even then ran out sitting in line. Then drive back to Hot Springs where my wife was.
I had to do the fuel conserve drive from Covington to Lexington since the only gas station that had power in between had a line of at least 50 cars in it. Had to coast down hills and even turned off the a/c in order to make sure I could make it. Had just enough cash to get fuel to get back to Richmond when we found one. Came home to a house with power and no damage. Life was good. 40 minutes later a tornado touched down about a mile away from the house. Tore up trees all around me. Power went out and we just went to bed. We had enough of storms for one day.

Back