Country style ribs with some brethren love

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
I had a nice pack of CSRs and new rubs and sauces to try out (courtesy of Stingerhook) and an empty belly, so let's get to it!

I picked the 4 Rivers Smokehouse all-purpose rub for the rub. Stuck it down with some Worcestershire as I always do. Rub tastes primarily of salt, sugar, black pepper and a solid whack of cumin. Popped them on the PG1000 at 275°, which gives me a zone 4 cook temp of 250°. I basted with the mop 2 times, once mid cook and once about 15 mins before the end. Cook time was right at 2 hours. I boosted the temp to 300° at the end to set the glaze.

lVFIPeWl.jpg

I don't use mopping sauces, but figured I'd give it a go with these for something different.

1Inqn2Xl.jpg

mJUbHMWl.jpg

wosJ7JKl.jpg

The mop was Everglade's gourmet moppin' sauce with sweet Florida onions. Holy cow was this stuff good! The 4 Rivers rub was great with a delicious peppery finish. I don't use mops, but I think I'm going to have to change my technique. I liked this one because it wasn't too sweet, and even though I had the cooker cruising at 300°+ at the end, it didn't burn, although it's the PG1000's indirect side that helps here -- it's almost like cheating! Kept everything nice and moist. I pulled the CSRs when they hit ~255°-260° IT. Even though they are pork shoulder, we're not going for pulled pork. Seriously some of the best CSRs I've pulled off the cooker.

8X8mGEVl.jpg

Back