Cost of Wood

$240 delivered, split, stacked. They are the same guys that supply most of the Austin suppliers so they never have anything completely seasoned.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

4802109758dc83ae532bf7414c8b9e83.jpg

Got that from a neighbor that had a tree service taking an oak down.
Do I need to split all that ? Does it cook/ season better split? Also what is the moisture content you guys like for “seasoned” wood
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm at $165 a cord delivered. Guy gives you choice of 14" 16" or 18" splits. 90% of the wood is as described. The rest is handled by me with a splitter and 12 pack of PBR. It's pretty seasoned but I get it in like January so by the time the season kicks in the wood is ready to go.

Last edited:
This is what I went with. It was $120 delivered and stacked for roughly 90 cubic feet (almost 3/4 of a cord). He said it had been seasoned at least 6 months, some of it more than that.

LkmCSTD.jpg

4802109758dc83ae532bf7414c8b9e83.jpg

Got that from a neighbor that had a tree service taking an oak down.
Do I need to split all that ? Does it cook/ season better split? Also what is the moisture content you guys like for “seasoned” wood
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If those smaller rounds are small enough for your firebox, you do not need to split them. The bigger ones will season a little faster if you go ahead and split them now. Having them already cut to length is the most important thing, because most of the drying occurs through the ends of the wood, not through the sides.

Nothing wrong with the wood or the color. Its seasoned for sure. Looks like someons old pile they want gone. The row on the ground is probably rotten and a loss. Id pay $60 for that pile though.

Around here we predominantly have oak, maple, little hickory. Hickory is $175 per quarter cord seasoned. Full cord of seasoned, mixed hardwood is around $300.

Chris

Back