THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
1lb each and spatchcocked. Slap Ya Mama white pepper blend on one and Plowboys Yardbird on the other. Little chunk of hickory wood down on the coals. The Yardbird got a little more charred but I think it's the sugar in the rub. Personally I think it was the better of the two but they both turned out tasty. Half a hen with some deli mustard potato salad. Thanks for looking and thanks for the idea, Moose.

Attachments

• 20220103_135609.jpg
    20220103_135609.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 241
  • 20220103_144602.jpg
    20220103_144602.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 242
  • 20220103_144848.jpg
    20220103_144848.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 20220103_150116.jpg
    20220103_150116.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 20220103_150309.jpg
    20220103_150309.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 240
Next time I'm going to let them go a few extras minutes each side to get some nice char. Life interfered mid cook so I had to cook a little faster than I like. Next is wings.

Do you just turn it over or is there a way to just spin it over? The birds look great.Nevermind.I looked it up on Amazon.Neat grill!

Do you just turn it over or is there a way to just spin it over? The birds look great.Nevermind.I looked it up on Amazon.Neat grill!
Just flip it over. In the grate photo you'll notice there is another pivot slot on the opposing side so you can lift and turn the grate 90 degrees is you have a hot spot. All 4 sides have slots to rotate the grate if needed.

Nice to see you tried some whole birds on this, William - they look great! It will be interesting to see if they introduce a larger version of the current original model.

Nice to see you tried some whole birds on this, William - they look great! It will be interesting to see if they introduce a larger version of the current original model.
They have a double wide model too FWIW. A bit more than I need. Not sure why it's not listed on their website but my guess is this is a small company just starting out and maybe don't have the tech support yet. Local retailers have the bigger version.
https://www.dndfarmsupply.com/doflflgrtor.html

Last edited:
Great lookin' birds - looking forward to seeing the wings! Also, thanks for the link to the local farm supply. Shipping looks to be slightly less from them than direct from the mfg (at least for the single wide, to my zip code). But I'm going to resist ordering one...

Looks great! I love the small birds and both of those rubs. I have also been mildly interested in this grill for a bit but think I could finagle something out of things I already have at least to try out.

I haven't been able to find any of the dimensions of the grill, specifically what are the cooking grate dimensions and what is the distance from the grate to the coals. If you might have a chance to provide those to me I would be most appreciative!

Looks great! I love the small birds and both of those rubs. I have also been mildly interested in this grill for a bit but think I could finagle something out of things I already have at least to try out.

I haven't been able to find any of the dimensions of the grill, specifically what are the cooking grate dimensions and what is the distance from the grate to the coals. If you might have a chance to provide those to me I would be most appreciative!
The cooking grate is 14"x14.5" and the grate is 9-3/4" from the bottom.

They have a double wide model too FWIW. A bit more than I need. Not sure why it's not listed on their website but my guess is this is a small company just starting out and maybe don't have the tech support yet. Local retailers have the bigger version.
https://www.dndfarmsupply.com/doflflgrtor.html
Hmmm... That's odd, one of their retailers has it listed, but their own web site doesn't.

Hmmm... That's odd, one of their retailers has it listed, but their own web site doesn't.
Agreed. I sent an email inquiring about this bigger version. I'm waiting for a reply. I absolutely don't need another cooker but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested.

Agreed. I sent an email inquiring about this bigger version. I'm waiting for a reply. I absolutely don't need another cooker but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't interested.
Update. I got a reply and they said they do have a double wide version but they cant ship them. They have to be purchased on site or from a local retailer who sells them. I have no idea why they cant ship them, just following up with what I was told.

Back