THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Motivated by Fatback joe to finally try Pork Belly pastrami I'm doing some today as I've been wanting to try it for a while. I also corned 2 butts a week ago as well and got one of those going on today. I've corned pork butts before, but was cubed up and I made sausage out of it (corned pork sausage is amazing by the way). Haven't smoke a full corned butt though.

This was two ~10lb bellies I halved and sealed 3 up for a later date. These are skin on so my plan is to smoke it and then either let the Hunsaker rip at the end to crisp it, or I may put it under the broiler
mg5D8Xal.jpg

T1U1O1Al.jpg

RmzC9CIl.jpg

3LM8UgYl.jpg

Firing up the Hunsake after cutting up some chunks
m7p5zJpl.jpg

Hl7z0WZl.jpg

AQ2QTjHl.jpg

I don't always run a maverick, but did today and here is my idiot paperclip probe holder. Temps pretty spot on
REnTPKZl.jpg

ZwRcxrUl.jpg

Made rub and made a bigger batch so I can have it ready whenever
CtvOHQAl.jpg

ynAxu17l.jpg

gqFNNQ6l.jpg

Rubbed up and on at 9:45am
AnLkmOHl.jpg

TqRAOObl.jpg

EZw2Lell.jpg

QfWlNZtl.jpg

Here's my fancy placing on the smoker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue_Vx6X0Tig

Going to smoker a little lower in the 275 range and then probably doing a steam finish in the oven. I haven't gotten far enough to decide if I will smoke it until pulled or maybe do sliced.......:becky:. Belly will go on a bit later.

Last edited:

I have video of me finishing a 5K yesterday pushing the tiny human in a jogging stroller while wearing the T-Rex costume. Would anyone be interested in this?? Probably not...........:twitch:

Also in general for anyone I still can't get the stinking videos to load the preview on ones I post I can see others, but mine just post the youtube link and not the preview window embedded pane. This didn't help because I'm dumb. Anyone get it the videos to work posting in Chrome??

Belly under the broiler
OY50vRBl.jpg

Butt pulled
uul06a3l.jpg

N6gfV1Wl.jpg

w1CQv6ml.jpg

Belly sampling
14RbMcsl.jpg

JNPnnkFl.jpg

P96bwfXl.jpg

Sandwich
CzuzSsIl.jpg

KwnQlUvl.jpg

All was so freaking good. The corned butt is an awesome twist on standard pulled pork. Belly was something I'm glad I have 3 more in the freezer now. Looking forward to slicing more of the chilled down belly tomorrow and pan searing for more sandwiches. Very well worth the time to corn them if you can :-D

Back