THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BillN

somebody shut me the fark up.
Name or Nickame
Bill
Thinking about buying a couple of prepackaged corned beef brisket flats. Want to try the 48 hour sous vide method but wanted to add a little bit of smoke. Should I smoke a few hours then bag and sous vide or smoke after the 48 hour sous vide cook by placing the flats in a pan and into the smoker for a couple of hours?

I see most people sous vide then smoke.

I smoke until 160/165 then sous vide at 136 for 12 to 24 hours. They have been really good.Mine usually get smoked on weekend then in the fridge and cooked during work week.

I actually sous vide one today from my smoke over the weekend. This one was a little to tender. I could not slice it. It was the point. Not sure what happened I usually can slice them. I think I smoked this one to 175.

I was able to just pull strains of beef off. Still made a killer sandwich.

Thanks for the reply's, think I will smoke for 3 or 4 hours, rest till temp comes down then into the sous vide... probably do 2, take one out around 36 hours and one out at 48. Will report back with results.

Thanks for the reply's, think I will smoke for 3 or 4 hours, rest till temp comes down then into the sous vide... probably do 2, take one out around 36 hours and one out at 48. Will report back with results.

I actually like the flats better doing this way for slicing and making sandwiches.

Can't wait for the results.

Back