THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jermoQ

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Jeremy
I have had my Pitboss copperhead for two or three years. It is my favorite cooker but it is causing me frustrations. The temperature in the last 6 uses has fluctuated from trying to cook at 220, all the way up to 450 and shutting down. And down to 150 and under and going out. A few cooks ago it went out from high heat three times and on an overnight, I came out to a dead smoker after my thermometer app on my phone fell asleep. It will hold steady for a couple of hours,, then go wildI want to blame the controller. Anyone gotten a replacement controller for your Copperhead that was good?

Last edited:
Have you tried cleaning the temperature sensor probe? Seems to me this same issue came up in another thread a few weeks ago and that was the cause.

I clicked on this for the wrong reasons. I was going to tell you how I got rid of copperheads when I lived in Georgia. Their presence on our property was very frustrating to my wife when she was pruning bushes and planting flowers, so I put in considerable effort eradicating them.

I replaced my copperhead 5 controler with a re-tec controler and it is so much better. It keeps the temp. within 5%.

How does one do this? I have the same problem as this guy and I’ve been using the Pooperhead as a warmer. Never can get above 200 without flaming out.

Rectec used to sell just the controller. Now they do not. Have you contacted pitboss? The copperhead has a 5 year warranty on it.

Back