THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flseminarian

Name or Nickame
Tom
Spent yesterday afternoon pretty much nonstop cooking for a friend's 4th party. He's a contractor, so the 'grill' was some expanded metal over a pit of loose-laid hollow core block and the heat source was leftover ends of framing lumber. Brats, dogs, chicken, ribs, chops...you name it.

On the one hand, a lot of fun to sit in front of that blast furnace and fix food for folks. On the other hand, I realize how spoiled I am to have great equipment.

Spent yesterday afternoon pretty much nonstop cooking for a friend's 4th party. He's a contractor, so the 'grill' was some expanded metal over a pit of loose-laid hollow core block and the heat source was leftover ends of framing lumber. Brats, dogs, chicken, ribs, chops...you name it.

On the one hand, a lot of fun to sit in front of that blast furnace and fix food for folks. On the other hand, I realize how spoiled I am to have great equipment.

I know exactly what you're talking about Tom! Seems like you like challenges though. If you can call it that. I do too.

I found out a long time ago that it's easier ...for me... to cook a whole pig than to flip tons of burgers, dogs, wings, etc., and all the trimmin's.
You flip the pig once.

Sounds like you had a great day and good food though! Nice!! :thumb:

Back