THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Panthers65

is one Smokin' Farker
So my church does a community outreach thing every year, and I'm making BBQ sandwiches to take to the fire station and police station Tuesday and Thursday. Was going to make a sandwich with Mac N Cheese and Baked Beans with a cookie and a drink. Tuesday I'm making 20 plates, and Thursday I'm making 35

I'm budgeting a half pound uncooked shoulder per person (and I'll take some extra too) but I need to get my numbers right on the sides.

Mac n Cheese is normal elbow style, beans are beans. Any recommendations? I'd rather overcook if anything, but since the church is paying for all the supplies I don't want to buy too much more than I need. Thanks!

Tough question. The answer can vary considerably based on the ingredients you use in your sides and how much you plan to serve each person. When I make Mac and Cheese, one box of noodles will easily feed 20-25 because of the other stuff I put in it.

Back