THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

blazinfire

Babbling Farker
Hey folks.. hows it going.. Invited a couple people over for dinner tonight since everyone is gonna be busy tomorrow.. Cooking up some pork butt, chickens, stuffed jalapeno's wrapped in bacon, and some mac & cheese.

I'm just getting ready to cut and prep the chickens.. and start prepping the jalapeno's. But to hold you over here's pics of this beautiful pork butt!

Raw.. seasoned with Pit bosses pulled pork rub.. Never used is.. tasting it from the bottle I felt it was to salty.. after tasting a small chunk Its salty.. but hoping it even's out when the pulled pork is actually pulled.

1TqFYxKl.jpg

Just panned and wrapped it. I love the color I get from meats in the vertical offset..
Eq6lkVTl.jpg

Well.. I have to say.. This is the 2nd time cooking half chickens instead of keeping them hole.. I never cared to spatchcock chickens cuz I think its awkward loading them in and out of the smoker.. Have to say 3 simple cuts.. two birds took me no longer than a minute or two! Seasoned with Pit boss Champion chicken rub.. Now this stuff is awesome... also Holy heck those are some giant chickens! Went to walmart they had whole tyson chickens.. but they were still frozen.. so I spent a little extra for the free ranged birds.

gNIi9Vgl.jpg

Alright sorry for the cliff hanger! But it was a good evening with friends and the family! Hope everyone is having a good week!

Here's the start of the mac and cheese!

SLt8UaLl.jpg

Here's the jalapeno's.. man these guys cooked fast!

N5moR1jl.jpg

Shoulder coming off the smoker the bone wiggled out with no effect!
tTzoYVTl.jpg

Here's half of the chicken.. Other chicken turned out just as good!

4MAGhgdl.jpg

Mac and cheese coming off the smoker.. Next time I will add more salt/pepper maybe something else to the mix. Overall the recipe was simple and easy and I will make again but improve on it
Ydy52w2l.jpg

Almost forgot a plated pic.. only thing not here is some chicken! Saving the chicken for tomorrow!
LsW7nmzl.jpg

Thanks for looking guys! I'm always lurking the forums.. may not be posting much.. but i'm always browsing!

Back