cooking corn method

they said corn is best done with a microwave. i do mine on my weber kettle. they said i was wrong.

IMO, the terms "wrong" and "right" have no place in a discussion about something that is so subjective in nature.

If you have a method that works for you, use and enjoy it. If you're curious, check out somebody else's method some time and see if/how you like it. Worst case, you'll have experience cooking it another way, and that may come in handy down the road for a number of reasons.

We have family in Iowa. Last year we went to a "Corn Boil" party. They had the Turkey fryer set up in the back yard. Fill half full of water. Dumped 10 ears of corn(with shucks on) in when the water was at a rolling boil. 8 minutes.

When the corn came out the silk and shucks were folded back easily and became a handle. There was an Asparagus pot(tall and thin) filled with hot water with melted butter floating on top. Just dip the ear in while holding on to the "handle" and it comes out completely buttered.

Best Damn corn I have ever eaten. Of course it was picked about an hour before cooking.

I have been cooking my corn on the girll and think it turns out great.
The husk makes a great holder and the kids get a big kick out of it.

I grill mine always.. shuck and remove silk. Butter the cob generously, salt and pepper to taste. Rap in tin foil and grill over direct heat for 15 to 20 minutes turning often. I usually remove the foil from a couple and put directly on the grill to blacken up a bit for my wife and son.. This is the only way i like my corn now.

Over in GA at one of the big Flea Markets deep fried corn off the cob is a big hit.

Smoked corn with a strip of bacon wrapped at a 45 degree angle is hard to beat with the shucks removed and rewrapped in the husks with salt and butter added. I know it's the dang best I've had and I don't really think it can be topped.

This! Its always a 10!

Back