THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TuscaloosaQ

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Well I been wanting to do a cook for sometime now so today was the day. Figured while we were building cookers we just as well ought to be cooking too.

butterflied a pork loin

went to the best sausage in the country in my opinion... and I have had a lot of it

stuffed the loin with Conecuh sausage, onion, bell pepper and crème cheese... then wrapped in bacon..... misted it down with moore's, sauce cut with water

wrapped in bacon

also use some of this rub I won on a raffle Diesel dave sent it too me

I used the oak Ridge BBQ rub on the entire cook today... Must say it was good

I bought a 16# choice pacher the other day and used the black ops rub on it... Paid just a little over 3$$ per pound for the brisket.. it was a good one!!!!

Here are some random shots the brisket was excellent... I wrapped in butcher paper..... I admit the ribs sucked and so did the butt.... the pork loin was excellent.... chicken wings were very good..... It might be a sin but I told Sharon to throw the butt away and the ribs..... Think they are going in the crock pot.....:roll::heh::icon_blush:.... I will never put a butt and ribs in butcher paper again... I just di not like them... or maybe it was I was cooking at 350 degrees..... in any event they sucked>>>> is anyone like me after cooking all day I do not want to eat it???????

wings

stuffed pork loin

beans with hamburger meat, onions, bell pepper bbq sauce, brown sugar... just a tad and mustard....

The crew Cody and Cameron the twins, Ross Tyler's younger brother TQ and Tyler.... Cody is our apprentice.. has a long way to go but is gonna be OK one day... Ross is 16 and will be ok too.. if he will just listen!!!!!!!!!

Bo my guard dog looking to mop my mess up

Now that all looked real good from here

is anyone like me after cooking all day I do not want to eat it???????

NO

Ross is 16 and will be ok too.. if he will just listen!!!!!!!!!

16 and listen.........seriously Paul, why kid yourself :laugh:

There is hope after he knows it all and forgets it :heh:

All over the country guys just went...What? They are supposed to be working on my cooker!!!! Just kidding. Everything looks great. And why is it that we are our own worst critics? I am sure the food you threw out was fine. Stop being so hard on yourself.:-D

Thx everyone for the kind words.... I love to cook but just got out of my game on the ribs and butt...... I Know better but did it anyway....And yes we are or worst critics....
You should try the stuffed pork loin.... I should have pulled it at 140 degrees... It was moist and good... I di not babysit the cook most of the time I was under a welding hood.... there were a lot more wings but I kept sneaking over to the cooker and having a taste!!!!!!:wink::heh:

Awesome job Paul. What kind of cooker did you use? Next time boil the ribs and butts a little longer and wrap them with lighter fluid as a baste , add margarine to cut the fluid taste.
:thumb:

Back