THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ModelMaker

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Hey All,
I have a humble suggestion to the mangement.
Being a relative newcomer here for a year now I have to say thanks to all for the knowledge and entertainment I've received. I have learned more in this year than I ever would have on my own. What to cook, how to cook.
In all my reading I constantly come upon names and intials for all the different types of cookers and have been able to find pictural examples of a lot of them. Some still baffle me.
What I was wondering is if it would be possible for the brethren to post a picture of each of the different types, brands, styles of cooker that they use and at some point make a thread in the roadmap section to use for identification for future newbies to have accsess to?
In a month or so one of you moderator types could pick one of each and put them in a roadmap thread.
Any interest?
ModelMaker

I think our drum smokers have been well documented...

I think it is a good idea for new folks. Kinda helps them understand the lingo as they come in. Plus more pictures is always a good thing!

I think it's a good idea. I love it. Here are my main two.

24x72_right.gif

model30closed2.gif

i have never show my pit to you all
i am in the first pitcher and paul is in the last pitcher

Attachments

• 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 58
  • 100_0655.jpg
    100_0655.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 56
  • 100_0658.jpg
    100_0658.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 55
ModelMaker has made a good point. It's how I found this site, looking for info about the Silver Smoker I picked up.
Here are some of mine:

New Braunfels Silver Smoker
100_1463.jpg

Great Outdoors Smokey Mountain GOSM 3605 Propane
100_1393-1.jpg

Imperial Kamado Modern Style Large
100_1395-1.jpg

Big Green Egg Large BGE
100_1396-1.jpg

Ugly Drum Smoker UDS
100_1401-1.jpg

Weber Smokey Mountain WSM
100_1419-1.jpg

Here is a pic of an Earthenware "China Pot" Kamado that I had
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t310/swamprb/Kamado1JPG.jpg

Hope this will help any newcomers.

List the names of your pits, I'm interested in the big offsets and the gravity feeds!

Brian

Back