Cook from last Sunday

KClandcruiser

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Erik
Had a heck of a cook this last Sunday. Started out with a fatty that I forgot to take picture of, then onto some skirt steak and al pastor tacos and finished it up with a rack of beef short ribs, spare ribs, and a pork butt for good measure.

Here's a pic of the marinated skirt steak going on the grill grates

FbNlppgh.jpg

After a few tacos and micheladas, it was time to wrap up the short ribs

rmqa5jnh.jpg

Here's a pic of the spare ribs with about 30 minutes to go. Need to work on getting more pull back. Seems to vary pretty greatly from rack to rack

XA9ybSQh.jpg

Finally, time to slice into the short ribs after a rest

Fyh6wXah.jpg

This was my first time smoking them. I'm slapping myself for not doing it sooner. Wow are these things absolutely incredible

Here's a sliced pic from one bone and a bite pic

tSRIkOth.jpg

wTnOkWIh.jpg

Then the spare ribs were ready to come off

SwoqRegh.jpg

Pic with the spares and shorties hanging out together

z3btQ4kh.jpg

Once that mini feast was done, it was time to pull the butt off and let it rest. Forgot to get a pic before pulling, but it was pretty. Might have gotten a little too deep into the tecates and not deep enough into the photos

HrYhjGBh.jpg

Overall it was a really fun day and probably one of the smoothest cooks with the best results that I've had to date

Looks like an awesome day! I’ve definitely been waylaid by the adult beverages during cook sessions. Thankfully, not enough to affect the cook too much. But definitely have forgotten after photos!

WOW WOW and WOW!!! Nice work :)
Thanks Rob! I wanted to do the multi-seasoning test you suggested, but figured with this being my first time smoking shorties that I should keep it simple and just used SPOGOS. Think I'm going to try black ops on the next rack or may get crazy and split them into individual bones

Looks like an awesome day! I’ve definitely been waylaid by the adult beverages during cook sessions. Thankfully, not enough to affect the cook too much. But definitely have forgotten after photos!

So true! I usually do a really good job at getting pictures at the beginning of the day and then get wrapped up with pulling different meats, making sides, etc... and drinking beer and just lose all focus on the pictures and put what remaining functioning brain cells I have towards the meat

Back