THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There could also be a screw in the neutral bar that bonds the neutral to the case (ground) of the breaker panel. This is acceptable in residential use but when the panel is being fed through the GFCI of the generator or contest feed will cause the GFCI to detect as a ground fault.

All I know is I carry a three prong to two prong adapter with me know and it's a life saver.

this is the only thing that has helped me I have had several electicions look at mine and to no avail it still has problems use the three to two prone adapter and you will not have an issure the dam GFI's are the culprets some are weak and your trailer is always looking for a ground.

I am not very handy but I know this works. so try it.

this is the only thing that has helped me I have had several electicions look at mine and to no avail it still has problems use the three to two prone adapter and you will not have an issure the dam GFI's are the culprets some are weak and your trailer is always looking for a ground.

I am not very handy but I know this works. so try it.

My trailer is a S&S built by Ron and this is what I have to do. It works

Ron built mine as well. Fast Eddy said he had the same issue on an S&S. Is Ron still in business, or for that matter alive? I tried to get him a couple times and no answer.

Ron built mine as well. Fast Eddy said he had the same issue on an S&S. Is Ron still in business, or for that matter alive? I tried to get him a couple times and no answer.

Are you referring to Ron Smith? If so he works for On-Site Fleet Services in Des Moines. You should be able to reach him at (515) 263-0258. I got the contact info from Rod Gray who told me that Ron is still building trailers.

Seperate the ground and the nueteral. That should solve the problems. It solved mine.

Are you referring to Ron Smith? If so he works for On-Site Fleet Services in Des Moines. You should be able to reach him at (515) 263-0258. I got the contact info from Rod Gray who told me that Ron is still building trailers.

I have been looking for this info for a while now. Thank you very much!

Gfci

GFCI monitor the current balance between the Hot (black) wire and Neutral (white) wire.Typically, if an imbalance of approximately 10 miliamps occurs, it will trip.

What this is really saying is all of the current coming in via the black wire should go out the white wire. If it does not, then it is going to ground some other way. Examples of this are fan motors, auger motors, shorts, humans, etc. It is a safety to prevent electrical shock and possible death. By using a three to two adapter, you are not defeating the GFCI, you are removing the ground path for leakage. Be aware, if you lean on the equipment that you are using the adapter on, you stand a good change of becoming the ground path for leakage and it can hurt you before the GFCI kicks in. :icon_sick

If you provide a ground rod and attach it to your equipment, your GFCI will continue to trip wheather you use the adapter or not.

On the FEC's and Traegers, this leakage is normally the blower motor as they, over time and with use, develope leakage to the metal structure and cause a GFCI trip.

Mack

Back