THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jeff, Lee, and crew - Jean and I are still finding out what a BBQ competition is all about and I learned a lot this trip. Even though Andy & Kim didn't get a call it was just (and I mean JUST) as awesome to see you get GC. HUGE congrats for a great job!

Arlin

Big congrat's Jeff!! What a fantastic roll your on!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Congrat's to all who heard thier names called!!!:clap2:

Jeff...If your headed up this way to visit the in-laws and there is a comp involved,let me know so we can take the weekend off...:becky::wink:

Lee and I cook together at least once per year as Sloppy Creek BBQ but this time, Lee was fine with being a member of Big Creek and I'm thriled to experience this GC with one hell of a good man and a great friend!

Congrats Jeff and all who walked. Couldn't agree more about Lee. He is probably the most unassuming person that I have ever met. :cool:

According to the GAB Website, Boondoggle should have gotten a banner and not a trophy. Wonder if that is why they got the RGC trophy while Smokey D's got the 3rd place trophy and on down. 5th place should have gotten an award and didn't. Sounds like someone was either confused or screwed up.

INVITATIONAL CONTEST

Grand Champion
$5,000 + proclamation banner

Reserve Grand Champion
$3,000 + trophy

2nd Runner Up
$1,500 + trophy

3rd Runner Up
$1,000 + trophy

4th Runner Up
$500 + trophy

has any one seen where the KCBS or GAB has posted the exact break down of the judges scores, like apperance, taste and texture, i have seen the total score for each event I.E. pork, etc but no break downs,was really curious what they looked like to see where i can improve

has any one seen where the KCBS or GAB has posted the exact break down of the judges scores, like apperance, taste and texture, i have seen the total score for each event I.E. pork, etc but no break downs,was really curious what they looked like to see where i can improve

From what I know there is not, and won't be. I have heard you can contact KCBS to get your exact breakdown.

Thanks BIG T, i will try to reach some one at the KCBS tommorrow, BTW congrats to all who had there names called and also to those who got to walk, hope to join yall soon, it was a blast getting to meet so many of you, every body was very welcoming!

Congrats Jeff and Lee! Great win! Let's not for get the Tammy and Arlene the behind the scenes team members. Great job!

e-mail response from Deke was "They usually mail them out within a couple of weeks."

Back