THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OK, here's my 2 cents as a judge. If yellow is the way you created it then yellow is the way you should present it. Don't try to make it look like most of the other traditional sauces. As a judge I like to see something out of the ordinary, some creativity is always good. Something like your sauce would draw my attention. Try it in it's original format and see what the reactions are. Then you can go from there.

djmarko said:
OK, here's my 2 cents as a judge. If yellow is the way you created it then yellow is the way you should present it. Don't try to make it look like most of the other traditional sauces. As a judge I like to see something out of the ordinary, some creativity is always good. Something like your sauce would draw my attention. Try it in it's original format and see what the reactions are. Then you can go from there.

You are 100% correct. I've been watching the now heated debate on the DQ thread and, not to spill that discussion over here, I personally feel the floured chicken was inspired. The reason for any competition is to set yourself apart, through time-tested skill and, as you said, creativity.

In a show of respect for SawDustGuy, we'll definitely be entering smoked chicken with spicy/sweet YELLOW sauce in New Paltz next month. Won't really know how judges react unless we try it, huh?

- Clint

Sure Phil. Making a new batch tonight along with one or two other sauces and will definitely take some pictures.

- Clint

Back