THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Classes and books

I did take a class before competing, it was Myron's school in 2005. First contest we got a first in both ribs and chicken ,3rd overall. To me it paid for the class.
But here is what impressed me so much. In the years since I have gone to Myron when the BBQ gods quit smiling on me. Every time that I asked for help he quickly helped. Several times with new recipes and ideas. To me this is the value of Myron's cook school not only does he give his winning recipes,he also stands behind his product with support.
All of his recipes are multi step,flavor stacked, I had pages of class notes for each product. And I really don't think a book publisher is going to publish a book with a 10 page rib recipe. The recipes in his book are condensed versions of his competition recipes,made so that everyone can use and cook better bbq. His book gives a backyard cook the recipes to cook great bbq. If you are planning on competing take his class it will be the best money you ever spend.

Back