THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rub is made...not as good as usual.....dunno what is different this time around....I can't put my finger on it....I may give it another taste test tomorrow night.

Sauce is ready too.....that turned out very well....

It's going to be really hot this weekend, 100*+, I hope I can hold up.......

Solidkick said:

Better drink lots of liquids. I'm sure that won't be a problem. :lol:

frognot said:
Solidkick said:

Better drink lots of liquids. I'm sure that won't be a problem. :lol:

Just watch the alcohol. Trust me - you can dehydrate on that real fast. Not that I have any experience in the matter. :roll:

We always make sure he has plenty of gatorade at the fair
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :p :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Now that's funny!! Good one Johnny Two Times!

Triple digits Fri and Sat, Kick, I think the long sleeve shirts we wore last year can stay home!!

Kick it! Have a great weekend guys!!

"Fear the Pig!" :D

chanting the the background: "pigpigpigpigpigpig-Go PIG!"

Rub is made...not as good as usual.....

That's cause I swithched my rub for yours at the last contest :twisted:

Look forward to going head to head this weekend.

I'll bring the wadeing pool---You bring the palm tree.

I'll bring the wadeing pool---You bring the palm tree.

Darrel and I will bring the Margarita machine! That ought ot cool you off!!!

Beware I hear Jamey has some new footwear, that nay need some cooling off!

OK.....Last post.......before competition........
One last adjustment on the kid's Q burger, the 1st two attempts failed miserably......I think we're there now....
The wife has been baking all day....brownies, cookies (snickerdoodles, choc. chip, and PB), now hashbrown cassaroles. Linguini salad still to make at home.......baked beans will be done onsite.....
I'm getting ready to start loading the Blazer, but it looks like it's gonna take 2 cars or 2 trips, good thing it's close, 4 miles away.
POOPIE brothers...we may not place, but we're sure as hell gonna eat good!
I just put fresh batteries in the camera.....
Talk to you all in a couple of days.......

BRO KICK and all the Brethren!

Have a great time and just see where the scoring goes later!

Sounds like a "crowd"--so should be really fun!

Good move on the batteries--did I ever mention we love pics :wink: :wink:

TIM

Oh man, I gotta feeling this is gonna top all your east coast bashes! Now I've only met a couple of these guys face to face but if they're all alike, watch out! Scott, what time will you be there? I get off around 4 or 4:30 tomorrow and I'm gonna change clothes and probably head straight to Columbia from KC. Might have to stop off at home first but otherwise, I ought to be down to check into the motel around 6:30 or so.... do I have your cell phone #? Can't recall.

LAWDY, It's hot out they-uh!

Great to meet all you boys (and see some of you again) and partake of some of the heat! It's 105 degrees with heat index around 115 today in Columbia! Just got home to enjoy some A/C... sorry I couldn't stick around longer but family stuff beckoned. Hope the Brethren have a great showing this afternoon!

See ya'all soon!

You talk about hot!!! Can I get a M-I-S-S-O-U-R-I-A-B-L-E?????

You just never know who you'll find in your camp when you wake up from a 2.5 hour evening nap........Yep.....Jeff and Scott....great to get to spent some early morning time with ya....it made the evening go quicker, for sure!

Slat, always good to see you.....thanks for being there for us, especially at camp break down time.You, Scott and the ladies were lifesavers!

Jimmy and Doug.....you FBA boys are now honorary MoFos, yep you've been adopted. Anytime..you know you guys are welcome!

JT....thanks for cooking Friday night for the sponsor's dinner...as hot as it was, there wouldn't have been anyway I would have had the energy for Saturday if you hadn't pulled the grill duty Friday night.

Jay and Team Q....you guys are nuts, but I'm proud to call you my friends! The new rig is beautiful and is going to be a great cooking machine for ya!

OK, results........
SweetT and my's oldest grandaughter, Maiah, took 1st in her very first kids Q. Grandma was really proud...all I did was fight back the tears. You go girl!

Belly Brothers finished 12th overall.
25th in chicken
18th in ribs
1st in pork
20th in brisket

The briskets cooked 15.5 hours and just never really got to that state you want for turn in. The probe never slid in and out with ease. With the high temperatures outside, the waterpan boiled dry, TWICE! That has never happened before.

Former American Royal grand champs 4 Men and a Pig took grand champion of the 41 teams that participated. KC did the walk about, and took mental notes has to who was there and what they were cooking on, so I'm sure he'll fill in the details.

OK, I'm going to the shower, which I need worse than sleep, and then to bed.....pictures to follow tomorrow!

Hey Kick! Congrats on a strong showing and congrats to Maiah! She's a cutie and sharp as a whip! Cracked me up when she gave the "peace sign" to let ya know it was time to be quiet! LOL! It was great to finally meet ya in person too! sorry I left without saying goodbye to you but I couldn't find you when I had to leave and I was running out of time to get back to Super 8 to check out! I'm sure we'll cross paths again soon!

Slat and Jimmy, I guess I missed you guys. sorry 'bout that! Would have liked to have met ya. Had family stuff to attend to back home or I would have been there late to help with tear-down, etc.

Hey Kick,
Congrats on the finish.First place in pork!"AWESOME" :D!! Just looked at the pictures.Some good lookin' presentations.I think kids Q's are great ideas.Its more fun to watch the kid's Q awards than the pro cookers awards.Looks like ya'll had a great time.Wish I could've been there!!!

Willy T.

Back