Colonoscopy today

To any who are squeamish, off-put, embarrassed and/or anal-retentive :wink: enough to not get scoped, take it from a colon cancer survivor- getting scoped is a pleasure compared to getting a colon resection, which is simply :roll: getting a section of your colon removed. THAT is no fun. THAT sucks. Getting scoped is a walk in the park, a can of corn, easy-peasey....

PLEASE- don't avoid the scope.

Ok, serious face gone...:thumb:

"ABT"s...lmao! :-D

To any who are squeamish, off-put, embarrassed and/or anal-retentive :wink: enough to not get scoped, take it from a colon cancer survivor- getting scoped is a pleasure compared to getting a colon resection, which is simply :roll: getting a section of your colon removed. THAT is no fun. THAT sucks. Getting scoped is a walk in the park, a can of corn, easy-peasey....

The worst part about the scope is the prep. If you are a meat eater, you are going to be surprised to find stuff coming out of you that has been there since the Carter administration.

Please ask to be knocked out. Most doctors do it, but there are a few who may cause you to utter the famous line from Fletch:

"Are you using the whole fist, Doc?"

I was in the gurney, they stuck me with an IV, I counted from 100 backwards, only remember 97, and the next thing I saw was my wife's face.

I had mine done last Oct. .......Doc said "See You in 10 Years !"

medical-colonoscopy-infection-operation-virus-viral-cwln2879_low.jpg

I just couldn't see have this...........

e5202c740d023b8b2ebe0d3804041d78.jpg

Last edited:
I have several suggestions.1 if you are drinking that gallon of rot gut stuff get it cold before you start drinking it.2 When you start out drinking it, drink a couple ounces extra.That way when get down to the last couple of glasses, you don't have as much to drink.And lastly,be sure to take a tape recorder.You may want to record the gas explosion in recovery. It can be amazing. LOL

A frito pie with pickled jalapenos,

I gotta do one of those soon - the pie and the scope both. But not at the same time.

The nasty stuff isn't that nasty anymore. Mine was only 5oz. followed by 40oz of water within an hour. Then make sure to stay close to the bathroom!!!! :shock: :help: :shock:

I had the gallon of nasty stuff last month but the test found no problems so I am free to eat like crazy! The day plus of bathroom time was a drag.

Do get it done. Our youngest daughter's mother-in-law, who is my age, got colon cancer and died quickly. She never had it checked and avoided docs. I had put it off for a few years and that prompted me to suck it up and get it done.

Had it done and all was clear. No biggie. Now I have college football to look forward to this weekend. Definitely doing pulled pork and maybe smoked turkey breast. One of these days I have to try the 72 hour sous vide short rib technique. Maybe next weekend.

Oh - and I also ordered some boiled peanuts...will be diving into those on Saturday!

i had one a few years ago and i woke up about 1/2 way during procedure. I saw the screen and asked if that was what they were going to do to me? the doc replied "that is you!!" they quickly put me back under

I don't have to get mine until next summer, but the info in here makes it a little less daunting. Thanks for sharing guys, it does help.

My wife had one and said that the drugs made it an awesome experience. She's ready to that again!!
Seriously though, I hope all goes well....There's a lot of meat out there to smoke in your future. :becky:

Back